Christmas Season 2019 (Late. . . or maybe early)

So, I know it's still fall here in reality. And it's December where I am in the TSA backlog. But perhaps I can claim the comics are aligned with reality again. After, all. . . Christmas season, starting earlier every year. As one Reader's Digest joke put it: "It just doesn't feel like September until Macy's puts up their plastic Christmas tree."

As per tradition (2018's precedents), the first Christmas joke of 2019 (in TSA anyway) focused on Anne's. . . either sadism, stupidity, or both.



I have a suggestion, Rachel. If Anne ever gives you advice, do the precise opposite of what she says. You'll need fewer major operations.


Rachel has been looking, for months, for a reason to kick Anne and Esther out of her house. Apparently she doesn't consider Esther's obnoxious music and Anne's career criminalhood reason enough. My only real possibility for why is that Anne is blackmailing her somehow, or that Anne used a Jedi mind trick, because Rachel isn't the weak lie-down-and-take-it character; that's Ava. And the first option makes no sense, because Anne isn't a serious threat to anyone Rachel cares about (well, Joseph maybe, but I'm not sure Anne knows he exists. Rachel would rather not share with the whole world the fact that she's dating her psychiatrist) and Rachel doesn't really care about her reputation. I mean, on Bakura, she's known for being completely crazy in that she puts up with Doomdreg (in her own words, the "psycho death cat.").

I guess Anne's artificially tinkering a bit. Or maybe I am. Or maybe Ava plays some role in this. I'm not sure. I'll get back to you on this when I am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Booting Back Up

Overly Realistic Dad Jokes

Introducing Rachel! And Other Comics