Groundhog Day 2020

YES! I'M IN FEB 2020!!!

Which means that the backlog is now just: Feb 2020, March 2020, and April 1-12 2020. 72 comics! Yeah, I can get through that before November. . . I think. . . maybe.

Then I need to post the Covid Files and the Missing April 2019 Comics.

Now that I've thoroughly bored you with that little status report, let's get to the fun part.



Being an indoor/outdoor cat, Mindelle leaves home at sunrise and Nick prays she gets home by nightfall.

Y'know, I always complain about Nick being a problem character because he's stuck in the strip via Ava, but he really doesn't have a personality - or, well, I don't complain about that much in this blog, but I sure gripe about it to my friends, and seeing as how I know all my three or four readers on a first name basis, that's probably everybody reading this blog. Except maybe Vanessa. I might not have mentioned this character problem to her.

Anyway, my point is that it's not the real problem. The real problem is twofold: one, I can't focus on Nick and Ava without focusing away from Anne. Teenage Sith Apprentice is supposed to be about Anne. If Nick and Ava have dinner together, all the incentives are for them to do it at Nick's home without inviting Anne. If they go out, all incentives are for them to leave Anne out of it.

Two, Nick does have a personality. It's just not a great one for comedy. Nick is rock steady, smart, serious, and practical - which are all wonderful qualities in real life, but the funniest characters are the ones who have, to put it politely, "serious issues" (then again, I'm talking about Anne Palpatine here so maybe I shouldn't be too polite). So Nick is mostly funny in group settings. Which is OK, except that Nick is too smart and too practical to include Anne.


Can you read this? Seriously, answer that one. I'd worry less.

My experiment in posting three panel comic pics that aren't all stretched out. Do you prefer it this way, or was it better the way it was?


Heh heh. Note Ava wearing the logo of the Red Cross in place of her usual dreidel. . .


That's always Ava's line. Because Ava has common sense and Anne is a nut.


I got this idea from a Foxtrot comic about cartoon swearing and it led to a whole slew of jokes about Anne campaigning to be allowed to swear within the comic strip. Considering that I don't even know 98% of the swear words she uses. . .


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Booting Back Up

Overly Realistic Dad Jokes

Introducing Rachel! And Other Comics