I'M FINALLY IN 2020!!!

So, yes, this is it! The moment I've been waiting for since April 13, 2020! I am down to only four months of backlog! (Plus those missing April 2019 comics and the Covid Files, but nevertheless. . .)

Here is the very first comic I wrote in 2020:




Sigh. It scanned up in really low resolution by accident. Just in case you can't read what's in Panel three:

Rachel: Bringing down the house again, Anne?
Anne: Hey, it's not my fault your psycho kitty sleeps in the hallway. . .




I wrote this one after a long and frustrated search for some sort of Mantis Care for Dummies guide. (Yes, I know, I'm a freak.) Also, the low resolution annoyance ends with this comic. Sorry for the disturbance.



See? Much more legible.

My only regret here is that I said the fair wasn't until March. I eventually had to hand wave that; I can't crack science fair/ Scott Sterling jokes for three months consecutively. I did the same thing with Anne's broken arm and I'll likely do the same thing when Anne and Ava have kids. After two straight weeks of the unborn child being the center of the comedy, I'll get bored and fastforward through about ten months. . .

. . . which is why I should not have tried to match the strip up to the real world. Things in the strip happen in real time (or at least they will, once I dispense with the backlog). In reality, I doubt I'll push at the strip's thin facade of any sensible story world too hard (I mean, Alderaan exists in my story world, so the facade is clearly just that), it would be too hard to explain. I should really have gone for a Dilbertine strip, in which there are no clearly defined timelines.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Booting Back Up

Overly Realistic Dad Jokes

Introducing Rachel! And Other Comics