When Ava Met Nick

About the end of February, I decided I wanted at least one of my characters to have a functioning relationship. Anne and Ava are kind of frenemies. Anne and Kylo are hugely dysfunctional. Rachel. . .? She's a little out of it.

So I decided Ava would get the good relationship. She's probably the only character I have who both deserves it and wants it. (Rachel isn't a disaster-by-choice either, but she would rather the entire human race keep its distance. . . two yards at least.)

Sam in Panel Three: "Oh, oh yeah. With that hair of yours, it's easy to forget."  One of my stupidest lines ever.

The guy Ava is going out with here is a clone trooper from the prequels. He is describing a dragon he once fought in the third panel.

Sorry if you can't read Sam's line in Panel Three. He's saying: "Gee, I dunno. He doesn't even know he's got a date today."

 I really like all the implications of past mistakes in this one. . . saved me the trouble of having to actually draw those comics. Which is good, because they're all topics I would suck at writing about in a funny way. It's more amusing if I just leave it all to the imagination. . .

In retrospect, I don't know why I wrote this. Nick is more of a calm, cool collected guy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Booting Back Up

Overly Realistic Dad Jokes

Introducing Rachel! And Other Comics