Anne's Aptly Named Sports Team: The Quirks

OK, so they were named something else at first. I've forgotten what it was, though.

Good grief. . . autocorrect is just crazy about the word "thoughtcrimes" today. I don't even know what that means.

I'm not sure why I kicked this one off with some weird nonsense about clothes. The girls are getting together to play "starball" - I made up a random game name because I don't actually know the rules of any real sports games. Starball seemed appropriate for Star Wars.

The small curly one is Gwen. I was reading a lot of "Dilbert" when I wrote this and "Generic Gwen" (in emulation of Scott Adams's "Generic Ted") was the result. She's kind of a doofus. . . so yeah, the main joke in this comic is that she turned up wearing one of those semi-infamous tight corsets in which you could faint just standing still to a sports game.

STOP PUTTING PERIODS IN THE MIDDLE OF MY SENTENCES AUTOCORRECT!!

There. We shall see if it actually listens.

 The Quirks, of course, are terrible ball players. I'd have no idea how to make it funny if they weren't.

And, true to Ava's track record, Ava is the only player there who can hold her own. . .yep. . . yep. . .
 She chose to laugh. Then she got out her lightsaber and got Anne down.

(Hey, they were going to lose anyway!)
 Yes, Ava, it is.
Ava's a little desperate in the self-esteem department, despite being pretty much  the only one of my characters who's qualified to do much of anything outside of destroying stuff (Anne's specialty) and getting in people's ways (Gwen's specialty).

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Booting Back Up

Overly Realistic Dad Jokes

Introducing Rachel! And Other Comics