Anne v. Rita Chi

Okay, here is the post the computer deleted on me last night. It's understandably edited because, while my memory might be pretty good, it's nowhere near that good. 

Introducing Rita Chi.

I was briefly fascinated with Chinese people when I first wrote this one. (When I say briefly, I mean I had a deep running fascination with all things Oriental for about two days.) Hence the Chinese girl character - Rita Chi.

Just a quick note - this was written well before COVID 19, bear in mind.



You're getting it a bit backwards, Anne.


Well, it was most likely either π or √2. Rita had a fifty-fifty chance of getting that one. . . doesn't take a whole lot of luck if you ask me.

The premise for this story started out as being that Rita is, ah, a little removed from normalcy. Then I decided that maybe I didn't want to be joking about mentally ill people. But some of the Rita jokes just seemed too good to lose, so I sorta shifted my premise - it is now about how Anne is a lousy psychologist. So the backstory is now that Anne is being tested - Rita is actually a very imaginative little girl who has been labeled as schizophrenic for Anne's benefit; the test is to see wether or not Anne notices that she's not.

Of course, she doesn't. . . because she's an awful psych major :)

The one other place you will see Anne's cell phone addiction is the original four comics. It comes up on ridiculously rare occasions when you consider how many jokes I could probably make out of it.

I wrote this one in the middle of the misset hand Doc Blain disaster, if you need to look it up for some context.

Phew. The computer has not deleted my post this time. Thank goodness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Booting Back Up

Overly Realistic Dad Jokes

Introducing Rachel! And Other Comics