Romance of May 2019

Now let's see what Nick and Ava have been up to. . .




Murphy's Law is one of my nemeses. The only one, actually. I could spend ages rehearsing and laughing at times when "it didn't work when I was alone, but when I had an audience. . .!" or "I could do this perfectly when you weren't watching!" (By the way, that's the way I often think of my writing. It always sounds so much better inside my head.)




Awwwwww. . . you two are so sweet. And TSA so often doesn't have strips with any emotional driver besides amusement.

Most of the time that's just that this is a comedy, not a love story, but it's also because Nick is not an easy character to use. The worldbuilding I chose makes it hard to invent a reason for his presence.

Y'see, most of the action in TSA takes place in Ava and Anne's apartment and Nick has no reason to want to go there - he'd rather not walk right into Anne's territory. But I'm a little wary of writing about him and Ava outside the house and taking the focus of the strip off of Anne.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Booting Back Up

Overly Realistic Dad Jokes

Introducing Rachel! And Other Comics