Anne v. Flight Class

In case the perspective makes it hard to tell, the insignia on Anne's helmet is the Death Star III to go along with Ava's Star of David.

R3 was supposed to be T3,  but muscles that are used to writing R2-D2 where droid's names are concerned made me change my mind. Ah well.

Think about it, Anne. . . from your point of view, everything Ava believes in is crazy.

Not that this was a great idea. Can you imagine if this had gone wrong? Ava: "I sure hope your airbag works. . . okay, moving into position. . ."

KAPOW!!

Anne, in a sort of muffled voice: "Yeah, they do."

Hey, Anne? Just because Ava's dumb idea turned out okay doesn't mean pulling stupid stunts is a good idea. . . especially since I'm willing to give Ava a deus ex machine escape route from time to time, but I'm probably not going to do that for you except once in a blue moon.

Ava always reads the fine print. And then she gets fleeced pretty good anyway.

Because Anne is just cursed, that's why.

I'll admit to there being sadly Reye-like gaps in what my characters are trained for and what they're good at. For example, Ava is trained as a Jedi, but she's a pretty big mush.


I was quoting almost directly from Patrick McManus's The Good Samaritan Strikes Again in Panel Two: "No, buddy, I like it just fine down here in the glove compartment. . ."

You think? That's a maybe? Is it possible you're misdefining "ambiguous?"


You know, for how funny I thought this was when I first wrote it. . . 


The Emperor's reply: "No." 

Thus demonstrating typical Sithlike disinformation. He didn't suggest it, true. . . Lui did. 

But after Lui suggested it, the Emperor agreed quite strongly. . . not that he feels any pressing need to tell Anne that. (Probably for the best. Who knows how Anne might react. . .)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Booting Back Up

Overly Realistic Dad Jokes

Introducing Rachel! And Other Comics