The Last Comics of 2020 Linear

 That title says "2020 linear" to drive home the point that these were my last daily comics of 2020 so far. After this post, there will be no more dailies until December 1. I will put something up for election night, and there are the Covid Files and the Missing April 2019 Comics. But there will not be daily comics, just sporadic posts.

So, this is April Seven through April Twelve.

That line should be "Quarantine. Gotta love it." This is one of the few Ava comics where Ava expresses a view completely different from mine. I mean, my first reaction to quarantine was, "What? I can't go to church activities anymore?"

It could have wreaked greater havoc on my social life. It's not like I was more social than the average desk. I mostly stood in the corner and watched at most social events. But I still hated missing out. I like being on the social scene even if most of the time I don't participate. This moth will stay a comfortable distance from the flame, thank you.

As you can tell, I was reading "Lord of the Rings" when I wrote this. Or maybe I was reading a ton of Bill Amend's Foxtrot comics. I'm not sure it makes a difference. Either way, I would have ended up with balrog jokes.

I want Kylo Ren's proposal to Anne to be just like this.
KYLO: Anne, will you marry me? (holds out a plain golden ring)
ANNE: One ring above all. (takes it and vanishes)
KYLO TO THE FUZZY BIT OF AIR RIGHT WHERE ANNE USED TO BE: WHAT THE-
ANNE: Oh, sorry, been playing a lot of Lord of the Rings D&D lately.

This is Esther's personality in a nutshell.

No comment.

Joe (or Joseph, whichever) Harris is Rachel's psychiatrist. He is also her boyfriend. He is also rarely seen on stage. I rationalize this the same way I rationalize Nick's usual absence: Unlike his girlfriend, Joseph has the good sense not to be caught within a hundred yards of Anne Palpatine (terrorist in training). Also, Rachel is kinked mentally in odd ways that make a relationship tough. (Fortunately, the psychiatrist half of Joseph's relation with her finds her to be a fascinating research specimen on that count, so he sticks around even when the boyfriend half is ticked off.) Also, there is a lot of. . . cleanup time associated with being in close proximity to Rachel frequently. She does have a tendency to clobber anything that looks suspicious, which for her is a pretty low bar.

Couldn't come up with anything better. If you really want funny, go back and reread the comics concerning Ava and Nick's date.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Booting Back Up

Overly Realistic Dad Jokes

Introducing Rachel! And Other Comics