Anne, the HERO?!?


For any readers, which is probably all two of you (Charlotte and Vanessa, welcome and thanks), who probably missed the earlier explanations, one of my additions to the Star Wars world is that there is more than one sect of Dark Siders - and they hate each other with a fiery passion. The story I will use to end the strip in about 2 decades (I hope) involves Anne siding with the Jedi and Ava just to spite the Danazu (the rival dark side group mentioned in this strip). The blonde girl is the Danazu's most promising new talent, Shelby.

Reference to a post a few days back in which Kylo quoted a Studio C line. In case you're wondering, the line Shelby stole is from I, Robot:

"We'll be the laughingstock of the solar system, Greg. . . A purely routine job, too. We'll never live it down."

"We won't have to, perhaps," replied Powell, quietly. "If we don't do something quickly, living anything down - or even just plain living - will be out of the question." 

One of my favorite jokes about supremacist characters who think they're better than anyone else is to portray such characters as sloppy, slow, and incompetent. It's sort of a tangential mock at the Nazis. (Yes, really, that's where that joke came from. I cut and pasted from some antisemitic rationales to make my bad guys' motivation in one story, then I made the characters who thought they were superior basically slovenly bums with about two brain cells apiece.)

Ava would LOVE that kind of recognition. By which I mean she'd like the title - she's already fairly famous. 

I always wonder how these publications name themselves exactly. Like Superman's The Daily Planet. Do they deliver planets every day? How about an online publication named The Daily Zombie?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Booting Back Up

Overly Realistic Dad Jokes

Introducing Rachel! And Other Comics