August 2019 Begins

I now only have 7.51 months out of 18 of backlog left. What I have now consists of comics August 2019 through comics April 2020, with half a month's worth of April comics I never got around to posting. (I lost them, actually.) I'll be putting up the April comics when Ava is reintroduced, which, as it turns out, doesn't happen until September.

You know, it's funny. . . I used to try and cast Ava as the optimist because she's on the Light Side. But her comeback comic was all about cynicism, and most of her jokes feature either her pessimism or her guilt issues.

Anyway, here we go. August 2019.



For some reason, identity theft is pretty easy to joke about. I'm not really sure what sets it apart as an amusing crime. I guess a holdup can be kinda goofy, too ("Give us all your money." "You expect me to take you seriously when you're wearing a bandana with little lollipops all over it?"), but identity theft is uniquely hilarious.

Like this gem from Reader's Digest (slightly paraphrased): "Someone stole my identity and it ruined her life."



Kirk can't hurl lightning and toss people around with his mind, therefore Anne always wins any bickerment they get into.



Hmm. . . shades of Early June.

Anne is currently majoring in cigarette advertising. (The bank teller looked at her a little funny when she said that, but I figured it was the perfect career for a Sith. Anne also figures the training in subliminal messages may assist her in taking over the world later on.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Booting Back Up

Overly Realistic Dad Jokes

Introducing Rachel! And Other Comics