AVA RETURNS

Ava's my favorite character by a pretty long shot. Does it show?

Anne really enjoyed being the center of attention (for all her continuous grousing about how I only ever chronicle her most embarrassing moments). Does it show?





Is this a little hard to read? It's my actual handwriting.

BTW, I forgot a piece of Rachel story that took place in April 2019 (you know, the comics I briefly lost the second half of) that probably needs to be explained right now.

At some point in April 2019, Rachel found out that Ava was in financial crisis and running herself into the ground (working 120 hour weeks, sleeping only on the Sabbath, barely eating) trying to repair the damage. At that point I had to do some authorial intervening on Rachel's part to make the next part work. . . I had Rachel basically bail Ava out of her debt and offer Ava a place to live at a price Ava wouldn't have to go into debt for. (By which I mean Rachel rented out a couple of beds at her house. She didn't exactly give Ava a house.)

Either way. . . the amount of debt Ava had probably wasn't lifelong, but it was no small potatoes, either. So in order for that to work out, Rachel had to be rich. . . which meshes poorly with her backstory. So now I like to say that Rachel won the lottery or something. . . or maybe she dug up something actually valuable when she was scavenging for krait dragon kills in the deserts near Mos Eisly. Who knows.

I kinda favor the first one, especially since it fits quite well into the theme of that story: I intervened heavily on behalf of one of my characters. And most of my interventive changes made little or no sense. I was trying to get Ava to a slightly better place and also explain why her character didn't eventually get killed off by karoshi. But to do that, I had to edit another character in ways which made no sense. . . and I wasn't about to give up Doomdreg. (Look up Rachel's intro if that didn't make any sense.)

So. . . yeah. Rachel won the lottery. Or something.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Booting Back Up

Overly Realistic Dad Jokes

Introducing Rachel! And Other Comics