Stage Right: Enter Ava (Oh, Yeah, And Anne Goes to College)

November 2018. This is the first comic I wrote that month:

Just in case you can't read it. . .

Man, this isn't too legible either. Sorry about that.

Either way, as the post title implies, welcome to the TSA comic strip, Ava.

I wrote this on the first Sunday of November 2018, but it's a Hanukkah joke. Call me impatient. . .

It was close enough to December for the stores to "have plastic Christmas trees," and I really wanted a Jewish character. This was the best way I could think of to introduce her.

At the time, this joke was just an amusing whim, but now, I think it shows a lot about who Ava is - kind of cool considering that Ava didn't really have a personality for a while (it took a few weeks to develop.). In that third panel - Ava is smart enough to know that's not a good idea. (Who wouldn't be, really? Other than Anne.) But she doesn't say a word.

Later on, Ava got herself in a lot of trouble by not speaking up for herself. It's also kinda an amusing situation though. . . um. . . you know what, I think I'll explain myself later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Booting Back Up

Overly Realistic Dad Jokes

Introducing Rachel! And Other Comics