Some Character Roles Get Established. . .

This comic and others like it set up a major chord of a lot of Ava's future performances: Ava is really, really athletic. There are some future comics where Ava and Anne are on the school sports team, and the only time the team actually wins is when everyone on it is out sick. . . except Ava.


This was probably my first joke (and my worst one) about cartoon swearing. Anne would later campaign to be allowed to cuss within the strip (thus implying that that's the way she talks in real life. . . go figure.). The line wasn't originally "flu bombs," but I wasn't trying to joke about cuss slang -  I was trying to joke about dud bombs not actually being duds. At the time, the original line was getting in my way.

Kylo Ren's eventual destiny would be to become Anne's much-disliked boyfriend. She acts awful in front of him but is fiercely loyal behind his back. This is the point where he graduates from "sequel gag cardboard character" to "Anne's unwanted wannabe boyfriend."
Ava is a scientist majoring in biology. That won't come up much in future comics, not until she graduates (or in event that my education reaches a point where I have to dissect something.).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Booting Back Up

Overly Realistic Dad Jokes

Introducing Rachel! And Other Comics