Rachel's Hectic Household

Here's how the average day starts in the Bucket residence when Rachel, Grand High Queen of Paranoia, is in a good mood:



Unnecessary line of text to break between two comics.



Rule no. 1 of survival on the Bakuran University campus: Do not annoy Susan McCombre.



True story, if you replace Ava with me. I wrote a letter in a very emotional state. . . then I sent the letter in a very emotional state. . . and I spent the next two weeks worrying about how the other person was going to take it.



This is a paraphrision of a Percy Jackson remark, where Percy says his mom always told him not to drink out of the Hudson or he'd grow a third eye or something.




The word (phrase) I phased out in P2 is "knocked up." I meant it to mean that Rachel has had a rough life and it has left scars that still show raw. (Namely, Rachel will still clobber real good anyone who even looks like sneaking up on her when she's out shopping. There's a reason Rachel rarely goes shopping.)

I wasn't aware until months after writing the comic that the phrase knocked up meant pregnant. I just thought it was a good way to express that Rachel was kind of thrown hard around like a mouse in whitewater rapids during the first two decades of her life.

Glad we cleared that up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Booting Back Up

Overly Realistic Dad Jokes

Introducing Rachel! And Other Comics