The Covid Files, Part Two

 

Translation: "Please evict my little sister."






I got into slightly more abstract art during the Covid Files. Rather than being a linear story or gag, this is a somewhat melancholy portrayal of Rachel Bucket (felt I had to throw the name in there as a comic relief) as a paranoid PTSDer. I'm a little afraid to label Rachel a PTSD sufferer, actually. I always worry I won't portray it right. I try not to mention it except as "paranoia." But yeah - she freaks, whips around, realizes nothing's wrong, gets irked about having just tricked herself again, then whirls around and punches the air under the influence of a delusion, then realizes yet again and sinks to the ground, exhausted with the effort of fighting it and wondering if she'll ever be mentally intact. It's kinda sad, and it was supposed to be. This is a side of Rachel I rarely show.

All right, now for something a little more lighthearted. If Anne, Ava, Esther and Rachel were D&D 4e characters, what alignment would they be? The results may surprise you.

This may actually have changed. I mean, I don't see Esther getting arrested for credible death threats yet.

And you can't swing a 'saber, either.




Sigh. The problem is mostly that first clause, "I owe".  It's not that Ava's an altruist. That'd be a good thing. It's that she feels that she is so scummy she has to sort of pay back her existence by being anything anyone wants her to be. It's also the main reason Nick frequently entertains very violent revenge fantasies about Anne - this little character development was, after all, Sith Girl's fault.

Her finger hovered over the button for a slight second, then shoved it down, hard. The planet immediately turned into one gigantic inferno of metal and dirt and trees and. . .




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Booting Back Up

Overly Realistic Dad Jokes

Introducing Rachel! And Other Comics